The global offshore wind market is expected to witness a CAGR of 20.4% and is projected to reach a cumulative capacity of 76GW by 2024. Rise in demand for renewable resources for power generation has given impetus to the market. Moreover, governments incentives and policy framework is expected to drive the growth of this market in the coming years.
The years used for the assessment are as follows;
- Historical year : 2014, 2015, 2016
- Base year : 2017
- Forecast period : 2018 – 2024
The research and analysis is based on data and information obtained from various primary and secondary sources. The data obtained is validated by interacting with the companies of the concerned domain. The steps involved in the research methodology are;
- Obtaining historical data of the market based on news, articles, publications, annual reports, white papers, and other secondary sources
- Interacting with key opinion leaders of the market and developing data points based on interaction with them
- Study of past trends in the market and their year on year Impact on the market size and share
- Analyzing the collected data points
- Bridging the data points to calculate the total offshore wind market and its various segments
- Anticipating potential risks
- Analyzing market forces such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities to assess new growth areas for the offshore wind market
- Finalizing the overall size and share for the global offshore wind market
- To classify the global offshore wind market into segments by axis type, substructure type, location, and region and analyze their growth prospects individually.
- To analyze market trends, opportunities, drivers and restraints associated with the offshore wind market.
- Profiling key companies operating in the global offshore wind market.
- To study market response with respect to the mergers and acquisitions in the industry.
The research scope for global offshore wind market is as follows:
By Substructure Type
- Gravity Based Structure
- Space frame Structure
- Floating Structure
- Shallow Water (<30m Depth)
- Transitional Water (30m-60m Depth)
- Deep Water (<60m Depth)
- North America
- Asia-Pacific (APAC)