Generic Drugs Market, By Type (Small Molecule Generics vs Biosimilars), By Application (Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Neurology, Others), By Drug Delivery, By Form, By Source, By Distribution Channel, By Company- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook And Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Generic Drugs market gathered revenue around USD 371.10 Billion in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 565.13 billion until by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 8.02% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
The Global Generic Drugs Market is driven by rising prevalence of chronic diseases across the globe. Moreover, availability of generic drugs at a lower cost and having the same chemical composition of branded drugs is one of the key factors which is positively impacting the growth of the market during the forecast period. Also, increasing count of drug patent expirations is further expected to bolster the growth of the market over the next few years.
The Global Generic Drugs Market is segmented based on type, application, drug delivery, form, source, distribution channel, company, and region. In terms of application, the market can be categorized into cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, neurology, oncology, anti-inflammatory diseases, others. Out of which, the cardiovascular diseases segment dominated the market by holding 35.05% market share in 2020 and the segment is expected to maintain its leading position in the market during the forecast period as well. This can be ascribed to majority of population dealing with cardiovascular diseases across the globe. On the contrary, the diabetes segment is anticipated to register the highest growth in the coming years which can be attributed to ever increasing prevalence of diabetes predominantly in Asia-Pacific region. Also, growing use of metformin generic drug for the treatment of diabetes owing to its effectiveness, is further contributing to the segmental growth.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Generic Drugs market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Generic Drugs market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD565.13 billion until by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.02% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Type, Application, Drug Delivery,Form, Source, Distribution Channel and Region
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Mylan NV, Sandoz International GmbH (Novartis AG), Lupin Limited, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Fresenius Kabi AG, Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, Sanofi S.A., Cipla Ltd., Novo Nordisk A/S, Abbott Laboratories Inc., and others.|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Generic Drugs market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Generic Drugs Market include: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Mylan NV, Sandoz International GmbH (Novartis AG), Lupin Limited, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., Aurobindo Pharma Limited, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Fresenius Kabi AG, Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, Sanofi S.A., Cipla Ltd., Novo Nordisk A/S, Abbott Laboratories Inc., and others.
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
Generic Drugs Market, By Type:
- Small Molecule Generics
Generic Drugs Market, By Application:
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Anti-Inflammatory Diseases
Generic Drugs Market, By Drug Delivery:
Generic Drugs Market, By Form:
Generic Drugs Market, By Source:
- In House
- Contract Manufacturing Organizations
Generic Drugs Market, By Distribution Channel:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Generic Drugs market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Generic Drugs market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Generic Drugs markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Generic Drugs Market Study:
- Growth of Generic Drugs in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Generic Drugs and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Generic Drugs Consumption Analysis
- Generic Drugs Production Analysis
- Generic Drugs and Management