Home Healthcare Market by Product (Dialysis Equipment, Ventilators, ECG, Canes, Wheelchairs, Activity Monitors, Nebulizers, BP Monitors), Service (Infusion Therapy, Skilled Nursing, Hospice), Indication- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Home Healthcare market gathered revenue around USD 181.0 Billion in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 275.2 Billion by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 8.0% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
Population aging around the world and increased patient preference for value-based healthcare are anticipated to fuel market growth. The aging population demands more patient-centric healthcare services, which in return increases the demand for healthcare workers and agencies and is anticipated to drive market growth.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that a growing workforce pertaining to healthcare service translates to the increasing demand for home health and personal healthcare aides and is expected to outpace the healthcare sector’s growth, with more than 4 million jobs only in the home healthcare sector.
Value-based healthcare is another major factor contributing to the market. In most of the developed and developing nations, the central government is offering either partial or complete coverage for the in-home services. In the U.S., Medicare reimbursements are highly favorable in providing value-based healthcare for improved patient outcomes at a low cost. Thus, in-home care has become a modality of choice for treatment.
In the U.S., Medicare is the largest single payer of home healthcare services. Medicare spending accounts for more than 40% of home health expenditures. Medicaid payments are divided into three main categories: the traditional home health benefit (mandatory), the personal healthcare option, and home and community-based waivers as an optional program. Collectively, these three home healthcare service categories hold a small share of total Medicaid payments.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Home Healthcare market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Home Healthcare market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Home Healthcare market report empower readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
OPPORTUNITY: Untapped developing regions
Home healthcare is an established trend in the developed regions of North America and Europe. Due to favorable regulations and policies in these regions, homecare is rapidly being adopted. As the market in developed countries is nearly saturated, market players have shifted their focus toward the developing regions, especially the emerging economies of Asia Pacific. As the concept of home healthcare in countries such as India and China is still in the early growth phase, market players can capitalize on a wide range of opportunities in these markets. For instance, in April 2017, Quadria Capital (Singapore) invested USD 40 million (INR 250 crore) in the Dabur family-owned HealthCare at Home (HCAH).
|Market Size||USD 275.2 Billion by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 8.0% From 2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Product, service, indication, and region|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, GE Healthcare , Linde plc , F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd , A&D Company , BAYADA Home Health Care, Invacare Corporation , Abbott , Amedisys , Kindred at Home , LHC Group, Inc., OMRON Corporation , Koninklijke Philips N.V., Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, Hamilton Medical, Sunrise Medical, Roma Medical, Caremax Rehabilitation Equipment Co., Ltd|
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Home Healthcare Market include: Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, GE Healthcare , Linde plc , F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd , A&D Company , BAYADA Home Health Care, Invacare Corporation , Abbott , Amedisys , Kindred at Home , LHC Group, Inc., OMRON Corporation , Koninklijke Philips N.V., Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare, Hamilton Medical, Sunrise Medical, Roma Medical, Caremax Rehabilitation Equipment Co., Ltd.
Unravelling the Critical Segments
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects including product type, application/end-user, and region. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for period 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- Testing, Screening, & Monitoring Products
- Blood Glucose Monitors
- Blood Pressure Monitors
- Pulse Oximeters
- Peak Flow Meters
- Heart Rate Monitors
- Fetal Monitoring Devices
- HIV Test Kits
- Home Sleep Testing Devices
- Coagulation Monitoring Products
- Ovulation and Pregnancy Test Kits
- Holter and Event Monitors
- Cholesterol Monitoring Devices
- Colon Cancer Test Kits
- Home Hemoglobin A1c Test Kits
- Drug and Alcohol Test Kits
- ECG/EKG Devices
- EEG Devices
- Temperature Monitors
- Hearing Aids
- Activity Monitors & Wristbands
- Therapeutic Products
- Oxygen Delivery Systems
- Sleep Apnea Therapeutic Devices
- Wound Care Products
- IV Equipment
- Dialysis Equipment
- Insulin Delivery Devices
- Other Therapeutic Products (ostomy devices, automated external defibrillators (AEDs))
- Mobility Care Products
- Walkers & Rollators
- Mobility Scooters
- Skilled Nursing Services
- Rehabilitation Therapy Services
- Hospice and Palliative Care Services
- Unskilled Care Services
- Respiratory Therapy Services
- Infusion Therapy Services
- Pregnancy Care Services
- Cardiovascular Disorders & Hypertension
- Respiratory Diseases
- Mobility Disorders
- Hearing Disorders
- Wound Care
- Other Indications (sleep disorders, kidney disorders, neurovascular diseases, and HIV)
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Home Healthcare market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Home Healthcare market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Home Healthcare markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
- Growth of Home Healthcare in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies