Surgical Drapes Market By Type (Reusable, Disposable), By Risk Type (Moderate (AAMI Level 3), Minimal (AAMI Level 1)), By End Use (Hospitals, ASCs)- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2022-2030
The global Surgical Drapes market gathered revenue around USD 2.7 billion in 2021 and market is set to grow USD 4.1 billion by the end of 2030 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 5.10% during the prediction period 2022 to 2030.
An increasing number of surgeries and hospitalizations are fueling the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising prevalence of nosocomial infections is expected to upsurge the market growth over the forecast period. For instance, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) predicted that HAIs account for around 1.7 million infections and 99,000 related deaths every year in American hospitals. Of these infections, urinary tract infections accounted for 32%, surgical site infections (SSI) accounted for 22%, lung infections accounted for 15%, and bloodstream infections accounted for 14%. Thereby, increasing nosocomial infections will surge the demand for surgical drapes, leading to market growth.
Furthermore, the increasing number of hospital admissions is accelerating the market growth. For instance, according to the American Hospital Association, total admissions in all U.S. hospitals were 36,241,815 in 2019. The number of admissions will, in turn, raise the demand for surgical drapes. Moreover, the rising demand for maintenance and hygiene in healthcare institutes is one of the key factors stimulating the growth of the market. Numerous hospitals and healthcare centers are considerably focusing on upgrading the quality of infrastructure, maintaining hygiene, and improving the efficacy of operational systems.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Surgical Drapes market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Surgical Drapes market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 4.1 billion by 2030|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.10% From 2022 to 2030|
|Forecast Period||2022 to 2030|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Type, risk type, end use, Region Type
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||3M; Cardinal Health; Molnlycke Health Care AB; Steris; Paul Hartmann AG; Standard Textile Co.; Medline Industries, Inc.; Priontex; OneMed; Medic|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Surgical Drapes market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
Asia Pacific dominated the market in 2021 with a revenue share of over 26.0%. The market growth can be accredited to the rising number of surgeries, coupled with the growing population. Moreover, technological advancements in the healthcare sector and increasing research and development activities are expected to create new growth opportunities for the market in the forecast period. In addition, the rapidly growing medical tourism industry is contributing to a surge in the demand for surgical drapes in this region.
North America is expected to witness considerable growth over the forecast period. The market growth is attributed to the well-developed infrastructure, the growing surgical procedures, and an increasing number of surgical site infections. For instance, according to the Journal of Infectious Disease Advisor, in the U.S., around 27 million surgical procedures are performed annually, with up to 5% resulting in surgical site infections. Furthermore, rising healthcare expenditure act as a supporting factor in the growth of the market. For instance, according to the statistics published in CMS.gov, U.S. healthcare expenditure increased by 4.7% in 2019, reaching USD 3.9 trillion per person accounting for 17.9% share of the nation’s GDP. Thus, the aforementioned factors are likely to augment the market growth in this region.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Surgical Drapes Market include: 3M; Cardinal Health; Molnlycke Health Care AB; Steris; Paul Hartmann AG; Standard Textile Co.; Medline Industries, Inc.; Priontex; OneMed; Medic
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2030 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- By Type
- By Risk Type
- Minimal (AAMI Level 1)
- Low (AAMI Level 2)
- Moderate (AAMI Level 3)
- High (AAMI Level 4)
- By End-use
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Surgical Drapes market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Surgical Drapes market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Surgical Drapes markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Surgical Drapes Market Study:
- Growth of Surgical Drapes in 2022
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2030)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Surgical Drapes and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Surgical Drapes Consumption Analysis
- Surgical Drapes Production Analysis
- Surgical Drapes and Management