3D Printed Surgical Models Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Specialty, By Technology (Stereolithography, Fused Deposition Modeling), By Material (Plastic, Metal)- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global 3D Printed Surgical Models market gathered revenue around USD 280 Million in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 1.0 Billion by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 14.9% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
This growth can be attributed to the rising demand for personalized healthcare, technological advancements in surgical tools and techniques, and 3D printed materials. In 2020, the 3D printing industry gained widespread acknowledgment due to its ability to meet urgent manufacturing needs and overcome the shortcomings of traditional manufacturing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
3D printed surgical models enhance three-dimensional perception and allow pre-adoption of surgical instruments in preoperative planning. In the healthcare industry, there are various applications of 3D printed surgical models including in orthopedic surgery for treatment of trauma injuries, planning of tumor resection, endovascular aneurysm repair, and planning of tumor resection. 3D printed surgical models allow to shorten operative time and improve precision, thereby increasing its demand amongst the surgeons. For instance, according to a study published by Academic Radiology, the use of 3D printed anatomic models saved an average of nearly 62 minutes while the use of 3D printed surgical guides saved an average of 23 minutes of orthopedic and maxillofacial surgeries.
The rapidly growing need for customized healthcare products and the various application of 3D printing in surgery are the factors that are growing the 3D printed surgical models. In congenital heart disease, the surgical treatment in pediatric cases may be difficult because as compared to adults’ children have smaller chest cavities. Additive manufacturing helps the surgeons to have more information that further helps in the spatial orientation inside the cavities of the heart and in stimulating the steps of the operation with high fidelity. The 3D printed surgical models allow the stimulation of the stenting intervention and assessment of optimal size, length, and stent position is useful for actual intervention in the patient. These features of 3D printed surgical models are anticipated to favor market growth.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the 3D Printed Surgical Models market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global 3D Printed Surgical Models market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 1.0 Billion by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 14.9% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Specialty, technology, material and Region|
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Stratasys Ltd.; 3D Systems, Inc.; Lazarus 3D, LLC; Osteo3D; Axial3D; Onkos Surgical; Formlabs; Materialise NV; 3D LifePrints U.K. Ltd.; WhiteClouds Inc.|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
3D Printed Surgical Models market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
North America dominated the market for 3D printed surgical models and accounted for the largest revenue share of nearly 33.9% in 2020. The growing geriatric population and high prevalence of lifestyle-associated diseases are anticipated to contribute to market growth in the region. The U.S. has the most advanced healthcare infrastructure comprising clinics, hospitals, and high adoption of advanced healthcare products and services, such as 3D printing. Furthermore, the presence of a favorable reimbursement framework and established market players are anticipated to further contribute towards the region’s market share.
In Asia Pacific, the market for 3D printed surgical models is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period. Factors such as increasing per capita income and high unmet medical needs along with technological advancements and economic development of emerging countries such as India and China are expected to contribute to the rise in demand for 3D printed surgical models.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the 3D Printed Surgical Models Market include: Stratasys Ltd.; 3D Systems, Inc.; Lazarus 3D, LLC; Osteo3D; Axial3D; Onkos Surgical; Formlabs; Materialise NV; 3D LifePrints U.K. Ltd.; WhiteClouds Inc.
Unravelling the Critical Segments
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects including product type, application/end-user, and region. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for period 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- By Specialty
- Cardiac Surgery/Interventional Cardiology
- Annuloplasty (mitral valve repair)
- Repair Coronary Aneurysm
- Replacement of Aortic Valve
- Stent Insertion
- Repair Congenital Heart Defects
- Gastroenterology Endoscopy of Esophageal
- Endoscopy of Esophageal lesion
- Repair Aneurysm
- Transsphenoidal Excision of Pituitary Gland
- Remove Brain Tumor
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Repair Scoliosis
- Repair Clavicle Fracture
- Hip Repair
- Repair Intervertebral Disc
- Hip Replacement Revision
- Repair Leg Fracture
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Facial Reconstruction
- Hand Reconstruction
- Breast Reconstruction
- Cleft Palate Correction
- Surgical oncology
- Removal of Adrenal Tumor
- Removal of Liver Tumor
- Endoscopic Removal of Cardiac Lesion
- Thoracic Removal of Lung Tumor
- Removal of Renal Tumor
- Transplant Surgery
- Cardiac Surgery/ Interventional Cardiology
- Heart Transplant
- Liver Transplant
- Lung Transplant
- Kidney Transplant
- By Technology
- Stereolithography (SLA)
- ColorJet Printing (CJP)
- MultiJet/PolyJet Printing
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- By Material
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the 3D Printed Surgical Models market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the 3D Printed Surgical Models market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the 3D Printed Surgical Models markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in 3D Printed Surgical Models market Study:
- Growth of 3D Printed Surgical Models in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for 3D Printed Surgical Models and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- 3D Printed Surgical Models Consumption Analysis <li class="MsoNormal" style="mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto; line-height: normal; mso-list: l4 level1 lfo11