Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market (Product Type: Educational Devices & Software, Mobility Devices, and Low Vision Devices; and End-user: Blind Schools, Enterprises & Social Organizations, Personal Use, Federation & Hospital, and Others)- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2022-2030
The global Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired market size was estimated at USD 3.60 billion in 2021 and is expected to surpass around USD 13.8 billion by 2030 and poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.6% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market. Growth of the market can be attributed to increase in research activities on assistive technologies for visually impaired, R&D investments by pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, rise in prevalence and causes of visual impairment and blindness, and surge in per capita healthcare expenditure.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, including a snapshot of various segments of the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market. It also provides elaborate information and data analysis of the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market with regard to segments based on product type, end-user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints, and opportunities that affect the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market
- Additionally, the report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market
- The report on the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market offers market attractiveness analysis of the regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market. It analyzes the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market.
Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product type, the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market has been classified into educational devices & software, mobility devices, and low vision devices. The educational devices & software segment accounted for major share of the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market in 2021 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Based on end-user, the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market has been divided into blind schools, enterprises & social organizations, personal use, federation & hospital, and others
- The market value and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2030. The CAGR of respective segments has also been provided from 2022 to 2030, considering 2017 to 2019 as the historical year and 2021 as the base year.
Report Scope of the Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market
US$ 13.8 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 13.6% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
Product Type, End-user and Region,
Amedia Networks, Inc., VFO, Cambium Learning, Dolphin Computer Access Ltd., Access Ingenuity ,American Thermoform, LVI Low Vision International, ViewPlus, Humanware Australia Pty Ltd., Freedom Scientific, Inc., Nippon Telesoft, Co., Ltd, OrCam Technologies
COVID-19 Crisis Highlights Importance of UN Sustainable Development Goals Standards
It has been found that the COVID-19 pandemic has had a catastrophic impact on users of assistive technology (AT) across the globe. Such findings are affecting the growth of the assistive technologies for visually impaired market. Market stakeholders are gaining cognizance about these findings and increasing efforts to establish strong user-centered development of funding policies.
Companies in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market are increasing the availability of braille devices, mobility products, and information communication technologies during the ongoing pandemic. They are taking efforts to meet standards set by the UN Sustainable Development Goals and the requirements highlighted in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Market players are focusing on meeting the needs of minority groups already living with health inequities.
Innovations in Braille Computers Help Expand Market Share
Braille computers are generating stable revenue streams for participants in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market. Moreover, users who cannot see their computer screens have the option of screen readers. Companies are increasing their research in this segment, since this software is able to describe images on the screen using alt text and read web pages with text to speech technology.
In case a user prefers the tactile experience of reading braille over listening to a voiceover, braille displays can be attached to the computer. Such innovations are translating into revenue opportunities for stakeholders in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market.
Lack of Understanding about Smartphone-based Assistive Technologies Affects Market Growth
The theoretical definition of AT needs to come to reality in order to counteract challenges that advanced societies will face in the upcoming years such as population aging. In order to tide over these challenges and be future-ready, participants in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market are increasing their R&D in ehealth and computer based systems.
Smartphone-based assistive technologies hold promising potentials for people with visual impairment. However, lack of awareness and understanding of the beneficial aspects of smartphone-based assistive technologies are affecting market growth. Hence, companies should develop more innovative and readily accessible user-friendly mobile technology and accessible apps.
AI Backpacks Notify Wearers of Obstacles via Bluetooth Earbuds
The introduction of AI (Artificial Intelligence) backpack is ushering significant changes in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market. AI is helping visually impaired individuals to navigate independently. Market stakeholders should collaborate with researchers to develop backpacks integrated with AI software, a GPS module, and a 4K camera. They should increase R&D in computer vision to innovate in backpacks that are embedded with an AI camera to view the wearer’s surroundings.
Companies in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market are taking cues from these innovations to develop backpacks that work with a laptop or a computer to notify the wearer of signs or obstacles via Bluetooth earbuds.
Electronic Books & Low Vision Apps Storming Market Landscape
Apart from braille computers and AI backpacks, companies in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market are unlocking revenue opportunities in audiobooks and electronic books to expand revenue streams. Reading machines are being replaced with audiobooks such as Audible and electronic books, including Kindle that allow individuals with low vision to adjust the content’s text size and customize contrast of the page.
An increasing number of startups are tapping revenue opportunities in the assistive technologies for visually impaired market. Low vision apps and software are storming the market to help individuals with visual impairment to easily navigate on-screen.
Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global assistive technologies for visually impaired market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The assistive technologies for visually impaired market report provides value and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2030. The compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2022 to 2030. The assistive technologies for visually impaired market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Some of the prominent players in the Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market include:
- Amedia Networks, Inc.
- Cambium Learning
- Dolphin Computer Access Ltd.
- Access Ingenuity
- American Thermoform
- LVI Low Vision International
- Humanware Australia Pty Ltd.
- Freedom Scientific, Inc.
- Nippon Telesoft, Co., Ltd
- OrCam Technologies
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Nova one advisor, Inc. has segmented the global Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired market
- Product Type
- Educational Devices & Software
- Braille Duplicators and Writers
- Braille Computers
- Mathematical & Science Devices
- Reading Machines
- Mobility Devices
- Low Vision Devices
- Smart Glasses
- VTS Link
- Magnifying Lenses
- End User
- Blind Schools
- Enterprises & Social Organizations
- Personal Use
- Federation & Hospital
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Points Covered in Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Market Study:
- Growth of Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired in 2022
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2030)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Consumption Analysis
- Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired Production Analysis
- Assistive Technologies for Visually Impaired and Management