Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Fuel Type (CNG, LNG), By Vehicle Type (Passenger, Light-duty & Heavy-duty Buses & Trucks)- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market gathered revenue around USD 29,792.90 thousand units in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 38,855.23 thousand units by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 3.0% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
The growing adoption of natural gas as an alternative fuel in vehicles, especially in the transportation sector worldwide, is creating the demand for automotive natural gas vehicles (NGVs). The low emission properties of NGVs facilitated by clean fuel characteristics are expected to drive their demand in public transportation, therefore boosting the market growth. The need for cleaner fuels at lower costs is also expected to drive market growth.
Moreover, government support for the adoption of these vehicles will augment the demand. The government authorities in various countries are implementing stringent regulations to curb environmental damages arising from the emission of Particulate Matter (PM) and Greenhouse Gases (GHG) from vehicles. Simultaneously, with these regulations, authorities have also been continuously revising the emission standard policies to help protect the environment.
Government agencies across the globe are rolling out incentive programs to promote the adoption of NGVs owing to the high initial cost associated with the procurement of CNG and LNG vehicles. Some of the incentive programs to promote the adoption of these vehicles include the U.S. Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality Improvement Program (CMAQ), U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Diesel Emissions Reduction Act Program (DERA), and California Energy Commission’s Clean Transportation Program.
The governments in various countries are undertaking initiatives to develop and expand the natural gas distribution infrastructure and invest significantly in improving natural gas technology. The network of CNG and LNG refueling stations is expanding in various countries, boosting the adoption of NGVs. For instance, the Indian Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas announced the construction of 1000 LNG fueling stations on the major national highways across the country. The fueling stations will be commissioned by state-controlled companies, including Hindustan Petroleum (HPCL), IOC, and Bharat Petroleum (BPCL), and gas suppliers such as Gas Authority of India Ltd. (GAIL), Gujrat Gas, and Petronet LNG.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 38,855.23 thousand units by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 3.0% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Fuel type, vehicle type and Region
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Agility Fuel Solutions; AB Volvo; Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd.; CNH Industrial N.V.; Clean Energy Fuels; Cummins, Inc.; PACCAR, Inc.; Navistar, Inc.; Quantum Fuel Systems LLC; Westport Fuel Systems Inc.|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
The Asia Pacific region accounted for the largest share of more than 53.1% in 2020 and is anticipated to continue to lead the global market, registering a significant CAGR over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increased production and sales of passenger cars in the region. China accounted for around 50.2% of the passenger car sales in APAC. The region is the largest adopter of NGVs on account of natural gas infrastructure development in countries, such as India, China, and Pakistan. For instance, in India, the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas drafted the City Gas Distribution (CGD) policy. Under the policy, the government would be expanding the CNG infrastructure across the country. However, the growing interest in Electric Vehicles (EVs) and the stagnant infrastructural growth of NGVs are the factors posing a challenge for the market growth. Furthermore, the pandemic has disrupted the energy and auto industries worldwide.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle Market include: Agility Fuel Solutions; AB Volvo; Beiqi Foton Motor Co., Ltd.; CNH Industrial N.V.; Clean Energy Fuels; Cummins, Inc.; PACCAR, Inc.; Navistar, Inc.; Quantum Fuel Systems LLC; Westport Fuel Systems Inc.
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- by Fuel Type
- By Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Light-duty & Heavy-duty Buses and Trucks
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle Market Study:
- Growth of Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle Consumption Analysis
- Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle Production Analysis
- Automotive Natural Gas Vehicle and Management