Bone And Joint Health Supplements Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Formulation, By Consumer Group, By Sales Channel- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2022-2030
The global Bone and Joint Health Supplements market size was estimated at USD 2.45 billion in 2021 and is expected to surpass around USD 4.8 billion by 2030 and poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.0% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
- By Consumer Group, the U.S. Bone And Joint Health Supplements market was valued at USD 485.7 million in 2021 and expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 7.10% from 2022 to 2030.
- The market is anticipated to grow owing to the increasing consumption of supplements for bone health, increasing access to supplements, and rising prevalence of micronutrient deficiencies among adults
- The vitamin product segment dominated the market in 2021 due to the increasing prevalence of vitamin D deficiency in children and adults. This, in turn, is raising the demand for vitamin supplements to support bone and joint health
- The capsules formulation segment held the largest share in 2021 owing to its high preference due to the ease of consumption
- Based on consumer group, the geriatric population segment dominated the market in 2021 owing to the increasing prevalence of arthritis and osteoporosis among the geriatric population and the rising incidence of bone fractures due to osteoporosis
- By sales channel, in 2021, the bricks and mortar segment held the largest share owing to the presence of a large number of providers, lucrative discounts, and high consumer trust in the direct sales channel
- North America dominated the market in 2021 due to the increasing number of people suffering from joint disorders and rising awareness regarding healthy and active lifestyle
Increasing prevalence of orthopedic disorders among the geriatric and adult population is one of the major factors driving the market. According to the CDC, around 58.5 million people are diagnosed with arthritis and it is more common in women as compared to men. Also, the increasing burden of arthritis is anticipated to drive the industry during the forecast period. As per the CDC, around 78.4 million adults aged 18 years and above are anticipated to be diagnosed with arthritis. Moreover, the rising geriatric population across the globe is fueling industry growth as the prevalence of orthopedic disorders increases with age. Around 49.6% of people aged above 65 years are diagnosed with arthritis.
Furthermore, the rising health consciousness, increasing consumer interest in active living, and rising disposable income are among the key factors driving the industry. In addition, increasing awareness regarding micronutrient deficiencies, increasing access to supplements, availability of multiple products, and the increasing number of distribution channels are supporting the growth.
Moreover, the increasing focus of key companies on various strategies to meet consumer demand is impelling market growth. For instance, in March 2022, Bioiberica entered into a partnership with ByHealth to develop a product for joint health brand “Highflex” in the China market. Furthermore, the manufacturers are developing new supplements in various formulations to attract the consumer base, thereby positively impacting the industry's growth. For instance, in February 2022, Gadot Biochemical Industries launched ‘Cal2Mag’, a new mineral blend combining calcium and magnesium, to specifically target bone health.
Report Scope of the Bone And Joint Health Supplements Market
USD 4.8 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 8.0% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
Product, formulation, consumer group, sales channel and Region,
Herbalife International of America, Inc.; GNC Holdings, Inc.; Nature’s Bounty Co.; Bayer AG; BY-HEALTH Co., Ltd.; Amway; Basf SE; Reckitt Benckiser; Vita Life Sciences Ltd.; Glanbia Plc; Now Foods; Pfizer
The vitamins segment dominated the market in 2021 with a share of over 31.0%. This can be attributed to the growing adoption of healthy lifestyles, increasing life expectancy, and rising focus on active lifestyles. Also, the increasing consumption of vitamin D supplements to reduce the risk of bone fracture is impelling market growth. Also, vitamin K is linked to bone density and subsequently is found to be effective for bone health. It is consumed by people suffering from osteoporosis to reduce the risk of fracture, which is expected to drive the segment over the forecast period.
The minerals segment is expected to grow at a lucrative rate due to the growing adoption of mineral supplements to manage conditions such as osteoporosis and osteoarthritis. The growing rate of osteoporosis among the women and geriatric population has raised the demand for calcium supplements. Furthermore, the increasing focus of the companies on the development of bone & joint health supplements to treat joint health is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. For instance, in May 2022, Vaneeghen introduced FruiteX-B, a mineral complex specifically for joint health, in the European market.
The capsules segment held the largest revenue share of over 31.0% in 2021. The availability of product types in various forms of encapsulations is responsible for an increase in the bioavailability of active ingredients. Multilayered or multi-membrane encapsulations, extended-release capsules for vitamins and minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids are some of the products currently available in capsule formulations, which have been responsible for the growth of the industry.
The powder formulations segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period. Powder formulations have captured the market and have been preferentially used in comparison to soft chews and soft gels due to their ease of consumption. Growing demand for powdered vitamin supplements has led to the high growth of this segment.
Consumer Group Insights
The geriatric population segment held the largest revenue share of over 31.0% in 2021. The geriatric population is the major consumer of bone and joint health supplements as the prevalence of bone disorders rise with aging. Osteoporosis is the most common disorder in elders. As per a study, the prevalence of osteoporosis in India was 36.1% among the geriatric population in 2021. Also, about 1.5 million fractures occur due to osteoporosis each year in the U.S. Therefore, increased demand is being witnessed to prevent fractures and maintain bone health.
The adult segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period owing to increasing awareness regarding nutritional supplements. With the shifting trend toward a healthy and active lifestyle, adults are consuming various supplements to maintain their bone health. As per the CRN survey, around 18% of people aged 18 to 34 years and 19% of people aged 35-54 years consume bone health dietary supplements. Furthermore, this number is expected to rise due to the increasing adult population suffering from arthritis. As per the CDC, around 57.3% of the adult population in the U.S. suffer from arthritis.
Sales Channel Insights
The bricks and mortar segment held the largest revenue share of over 66.0% in 2021. The rising number of retail stores selling supplements for bone and joint health with a wide variety of product types of different brands is one of the key factors responsible for the growth of the segment. In, addition, the companies are investing in the opening of stores to reach a larger population base and meet the consumer demand, which is further contributing to the industry growth.
The e-commerce segment is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. The online sales channel has witnessed substantial growth during COVID-19 and the channel emerged as a strategy to increase geographical reach. The market players are collaborating with e-commerce platforms to make their product types available online, which is positively impacting the growth of the market. Moreover, the shifting consumer preference toward online shopping is expected to drive the market over the forecast period. As per the report by Mintel, 50% of consumers prefer online shopping for mineral and vitamin supplements.
North America accounted for the largest revenue share of over 36.0% in 2021. The increasing geriatric population and rising number of people suffering from joint pain are some of the factors driving the market in the region. As per the CDC, nearly 14.6 million people are diagnosed with severe joint pain. Moreover, the increasing prevalence of arthritis is fueling the industry's growth. In Canada, approximately 6 million people are diagnosed with arthritis. Furthermore, the increasing awareness regarding overall health among the population is impelling growth. As per the survey conducted by NMI in the U.S., around 37% of supplement consumers are likely to use bone and joint health supplements to support bone health. Also, the high prevalence of micronutrient deficiencies among adults is boosting the demand for bone and joint health supplements in the region.
The Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate over the forecast period due to growing awareness regarding health and well-being coupled with nutritional deficiencies. The increasing prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and osteoporosis has raised the demand for various supplements supporting bone and joint health. Furthermore, with increasing disposable income, consumers are willing to pay more for supplement product types to maintain health, thereby positively impacting the market growth. In addition, various strategies adopted by companies to strengthen the industry growth in the APAC region are boosting regional growth.
Some of the prominent players in the Bone And Joint Health Supplements Market include:
- Herbalife International of America, Inc.
- GNC Holdings, Inc.
- Nature’s Bounty Co.
- Bayer AG
- BY-HEALTH Co., Ltd.
- Amway (US)
- Basf SE
- Reckitt Benckiser (UK)
- Vita Life Sciences Ltd.
- Glanbia Plc
- Now Foods
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Nova one advisor, Inc. has segmented the global Bone And Joint Health Supplements market
- Consumer Group
- Pregnant Women
- Geriatric Population
- Sales Channel
- Bricks And Mortar
- Direct Selling
- Health Food Shops
- Hyper Markets
- Super Markets
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global Bone And Joint Health Supplements industry analysis from 2022 to 2030 to identify the prevailing Bone And Joint Health Supplements industry opportunity.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the global Bone And Joint Health Supplements industry segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global Bone And Joint Health Supplements industry trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.