Healthcare Cyber Security Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type Of Solution, By Type Of Threat, By End Use- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Healthcare Cyber Security market gathered revenue around USD 11.0 Billion in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 38.9 Billion by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 17.8% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
The healthcare industry,raise in threats, and concern for privacy and security are contributing to the growth of healthcare cyber security. The increase in cases of cyberattacks and data breaches globally has raised the concern thereby, increasing demand for cyber security. For instance, the Secretary of U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Breach of Unsecured Protected Health Information listed 592 breaches of unsecured protected health data affecting more than 500 individuals within the last two years that are currently under investigation by the Office for Civil Rights. 306 of the breaches were submitted in 2020.
The increasing digitalization and penetration of the internet are increasing the chances of the cyberattack healthcare industry is the most vulnerable to cyberattacks due to the valuable data it owns. Various cyberattacks are witnessed by the healthcare sector. For instance, the recent cyberattacks on Ireland's Department of Health and Health Service Executive (HSE) were witnessed. The HSE was impacted by a human-operated ‘Conti’ ransomware attack which severely disabled several HSE systems and necessitated the shutdown of the majority of its other systems. Also, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) issued a warning for escalating these attacks. THE FBI and CISA observed Conti ransomware is used in more than 400 cyberattacks in the U.S. and worldwide.
Furthermore, technological advancements in the development of different products to control cyberattacks and safeguard the data are expected to boost market growth. For instance, in February 2020, GE Healthcare introduced a new cyber security solution known as Skeye for hospitals for detecting, analyzing, and responding to security threats in real-time.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Healthcare Cyber Security market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Healthcare Cyber Security market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 38.9 Billion by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAR 17.8% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Largest Market||North America|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Segments Covered||Type of solution, type of threat, end-use and Region|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Companies Mentioned||Cisco; IBM; FireEye; Symantec; Trend Micro; MacAfee; Intel; Kaspersky; Lockheed Martin; Northrop Grumman.|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Healthcare Cyber Security market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
As of 2020, North America dominated the market for healthcare cyber security and accounted for the largest revenue share of 42.0%. The key attributing factors for the market growth are the presence of key players and the increased application of cyber security in healthcare organizations. The increasing investment in cyber security and technological advancement is adding fuel to the market. Furthermore, the advanced healthcare infrastructure is attributing to market growth. Also, the launch of innovative products to safeguard the data in the healthcare industry is contributing to market growth. For instance, in 2018, Cisco released the latest version of the “Cisco Umbrella”. It was deployed in the University of Kansas Hospital to protect medical devices and financial information from ransomware.
In Asia Pacific, the market for healthcare cyber security is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to the increased adoption and penetration of the internet in the healthcare industry. Moreover, the increase in digitalization and adoption of Electronic Health Records (EHRs), wireless medical devices, and telemedicine is fueling the market growth. Also, the increasing cyberattacks in the region would propel market growth over the forecast period.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Healthcare Cyber Security Market include: Cisco; IBM; FireEye; Symantec; Trend Micro; MacAfee; Intel; Kaspersky; Lockheed Martin; Northrop Grumman
Unravelling the Critical Segments
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects including product type, application/end-user, and region. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for period 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- By Type of Solution
- Identity and Access Management
- Risk and Compliance Management
- Antivirus and Antimalware
- DDoS Mitigation
- Security Information and Event Management
- Intrusion Detection System/ Intrusion Prevention System
- By Type of Threat
- Advanced Persistent Threat
- Lost or Stolen Devices
- By End-use
- Pharma & Chemicals
- Medical Devices
- Health Insurance
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Healthcare Cyber Security market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Healthcare Cyber Security market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Healthcare Cyber Security markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Healthcare Cyber Security market Study:
- Growth of Healthcare Cyber Security in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Healthcare Cyber Security and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Healthcare Cyber Security Consumption Analysis
- Healthcare Cyber Security Production Analysis
- Healthcare Cyber Security and Management