Malic Acid Market (Form: Powder and Liquid; Type: L-Malic Acid, D-Malic Acid, and DL-Malic Acid; and Application: Food & Beverages, Medicinal & Personal Care, Chemical, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Malic Acid market gathered revenue around USD 1.30 Billion by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 4.2% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
Malic acid and its derivatives have emerged as important platform chemicals that find use in the manufacture of broad spectrum of industrial chemicals. A large proportion of malic acid produced over the decades has been utilized in the food & beverage industry, where it is mostly used in combination with other acids. Of note, in recent years, L-malic has gained attention among dietary supplement manufacturers. The demand for malic acid is likely to gather pace in functional foods, mainly on the back of growing research in improving the safety of the final products. Its substantial use in skincare products also has boosted the growth prospects of the malic acid market.
The bio-based production of malic acid presents substantial avenues for chemical companies, notes a Nova one advisor study on the malic acid market. In the past couple of years, the demand for biotechnologically produced L-malic acid has allowed the market players to capture revenues in current and emerging applications. Notably, its use in making bio-based, copolymers and agricultural chemicals will propel new revenue streams in the near future, given the transition of countries from fossil-based to a bio-based economy
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Malic Acid market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Malic Acid market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 1.30 Billion by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.2% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Type, Form, Application and Region
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Bartek Ingredients Inc., Changmao Biochemical Engineering Co. Ltd, Fuso Chemicals Co., Ltd, Isegen South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Thirumalai Chemicals Co. Ltd, Anhui Sealong Biotechnology Co., Ltd, Prinova Group LLC., YONGSAN CHEMICALS, INC., Polynt SpA, Miles Chemical, and Zhonglan Industry Co.,Ltd..|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Malic Acid market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
Malic Acid Market: Dynamics
The demand for malic acid is increasing in the food & beverages industry. The global food processing industry has been continuously developing and expanding. It is the most demanding industry, as processed food accounts for 80% of global food sales. The packaged food industry is a leading segment of the global food processing industry. The global food processing industry is rapidly expanding, owing to the increase in population and income of the people. It is a highly powerful industry in the world economy. The food processing market is projected to exceed US$ 4.2 Trn by 2025. Malic acid is widely employed in juices & beverages, as it enhances the flavor and offers tart taste to beverages.
End-use industries of malic acid such as food & beverages, medical & personal care, and chemical have been continuously developing and expanding. This is creating lucrative opportunities for the malic acid market. The demand for malic acid is primarily driven by the growth of the food & beverages industry. Manufacturers of malic acid are focusing on production and processing of bio-based L-malic acid to meet the rising demand for the acid in industries.
Bio-based products are derived from plants and other renewable agricultural, marine, and forestry materials. Bio-based products generally provide an alternative to conventional petroleum-derived products and include a diverse range of offerings such as lubricants, detergents, inks, fertilizers, and bio-plastics. Recent findings indicate that environmental concerns regarding dangerous chemicals and fossil fuel depletion are resulting in an increase in the production of bio-based chemicals.
Growth of Food & Beverages Industry: Key Driver of Malic Acid Market
- The food & beverages industry plays a major role in economic growth. The global food & beverages industry has been expanding significantly of late. Rise in demand for food additives for taste and flavor enhancement in developed as well as developing countries is a key driver of the global food & beverages industry. Rise in urbanization; and increase in disposable income of the people who prefer diverse culinary styles have also contributed to the rise in the demand for food additives. This is expected to fuel the food industry during the forecast period.
- Malic acid is the key ingredient used as flavor enhancer in food and beverages such as juices, confectionery products, desserts, and bakery products. It has the ability to enhance flavor by providing tart taste to food and beverages; and act as preservative. As a result, it is commonly added in wine. It is also used as replacement of less sour citric acid in sour sweets. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has classified malic acid as food ingredient that is generally recognized as safe. Flavor enhancers and preservatives are widely used in the food industry. Malic acid is used to meet the requirements of flavor enhancer. This is fueling the demand for malic acid in the food & beverages industry.
- Malic acid is largely used as a food additive. Increase in demand of food preservatives in the food industry in emerging economies such as China, India, Russia, Brazil, and South Africa is anticipated to augment the global food & beverages industry in the near future. Therefore, high demand for food additives in the food & beverages industry is expected to propel the global malic acid market during the forecast period.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Malic Acid Market include: Bartek Ingredients Inc., Changmao Biochemical Engineering Co. Ltd, Fuso Chemicals Co., Ltd, Isegen South Africa (Pty) Ltd, Thirumalai Chemicals Co. Ltd, Anhui Sealong Biotechnology Co., Ltd, Prinova Group LLC., YONGSAN CHEMICALS, INC., Polynt SpA, Miles Chemical, and Zhonglan Industry Co.,Ltd.
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
Global Malic Acid Market: Segmentation
Malic Acid Market, by Type
Malic Acid Market, by Form
- L-Malic Acid
- D-Malic Acid
- DL-Malic Acid
Malic Acid Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
- Juices & Beverages
- Confectionery Products
- Dairy & Bakery Products
- Others (including Frozen & Can Food)
- Medicinal & Personal Care
- Chemical (Oil Field & Plastic)
- Others (including Paints and Gypsum Cement Retarders)
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Malic Acid market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Malic Acid market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Malic Acid markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Malic Acid Market Study:
- Growth of Malic Acid in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Malic Acid and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Malic Acid Consumption Analysis
- Malic Acid Production Analysis
- Malic Acid and Management