Mobile Hospitals Market (Type: Accident & Emergency Care Facility, General Surgery Facility, Diagnostics & Imaging Facility, Specialized Surgery Facility, Dental & Ophthalmic Facility, and Others; and Function: Observation, Therapy/Treatment, Consultation, Intensive Care, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2022-2030
The global Mobile Hospitals market gathered revenue around USD 22.7 billion in 2021 and market is set to grow USD 55.9 billion by the end of 2030 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 14.2% during the prediction period 2022 to 2030.
Mobile hospitals is a modular general hospital that is set up to deal with different kinds of diseases and injuries, and has an emergency department to deal with immediate and urgent threats to health. Providing efficient health care service is critical in a disastrous situation and mobile hospitals can be utilized for this purpose.
Mobile Hospitals Market: Overview
- Mobile hospital is a movable hospital, a small center providing services to a patient wounded or in critical condition. Mobile hospitals can be moved to any location.
- Mobile hospitals are an integral component of healthcare. These hospitals offer flexible and viable options for treating disaster affected, isolated, and vulnerable groups as well as to newly displaced populations.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare systems are on the verge of collapse, as they are overburdened and understaffed. Significant pressure on healthcare facilities to cater to those deprived of healthcare facilities has turned mobile hospitals into medical saviors.
- Mobile hospitals have the potential to offer a number of cost-saving benefits to the healthcare system by prompting earlier patient care initiation, improving patients’ ability to self-manage their conditions, avoiding emergency room visits & hospital admissions, and improving the quality of life of patients. This is likely to reduce the overall healthcare costs for patients, which, in turn, boosts the growth of the global mobile hospitals market.
- The healthcare system in developed countries such as the U.S. is transforming its healthcare delivery model to increase healthcare access and improve patient outcomes. It is undergoing changes in the context of ever-increasing chronic disease burden and healthcare costs. The U.S. is adopting the mobile hospital model for healthcare delivery. This factor is anticipated to drive the global market.
Report Scope of the Mobile Hospitals Market
US$ 55.9 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 14.2% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
Type, Function and Region,
Alvo Medical Aspen Medical, CGS Premier, Saba Palaye, Lamboo Medical, Vanguard Healthcare Solutions, Vetter GmbH, U-PROJECT, EMS Healthcare Ltd., La Clinica Health Centers, and Coastal Community Health Services.
Rise in Chronic Diseases to Drive Global Market
In the past few decades, incidence of chronic diseases, including diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, and cancer has increased significantly in major regions across the globe. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), as of October 2017, around 71.4 million people across the world were estimated to have hepatitis C infection. Additionally, the spread of infectious diseases such as coronavirus where diagnostic testing is a major step taken by physicians to control the spread of the disease boosts the demand for mobile hospitals. For the treatment and diagnosis of such infectious diseases, patients prefer to visit a mobile hospital rather than static hospitals due to high risk of the infection. This drives the global mobile hospitals market.
Lack of Awareness, Facilities to Hamper Global Market
The lack of awareness among the general population about the benefits of mobile hospital facilities and unavailability of treatment facilities under one roof are projected to restrain the global mobile hospitals market.
Diagnostics & Imaging Facilities to Dominate Global Market
The global mobile hospitals market has been segmented based on type and function. In terms of type, the global mobile hospitals market has been classified into accident & emergency care facility, general surgery facility, diagnostics & imaging facility, specialized surgery facility, dental & ophthalmic facility, and others. The diagnostics & imaging facility segment is anticipated to account for a major share of the global market by 2030, due to increase in demand for CT scan and testing for infectious diseases.
Therapy/Treatment to Lead Global Market
Based on function, the global therapy/treatment market has been divided into observation, therapy/treatment, consultation, intensive care, and others. The therapy/treatment segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period, due to increase in the demand for primary and preventative care.
North America to Dominate Global Market
The global mobile hospitals market has been segmented into five major regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global mobile hospitals market in 2020, followed by Europe. North America accounted for a major share of the global mobile hospitals market in 2021, due to rise in the number of mobile hospitals to serve the rural population. The mobile hospitals market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR from 2022 to 2030. Government initiatives, large patient pool in rural areas, and geographic expansion by foreign players, especially in China and India, are projected to drive the mobile hospitals market in the region.
Some of the prominent players in the Mobile Hospitals Market include:
- Alvo Medical Aspen Medical
- CGS Premier
- Saba Palaye
- Lamboo Medical
- Vanguard Healthcare Solutions
- Vetter GmbH
- EMS Healthcare Ltd.
- La Clinica Health Centers
- Coastal Community Health Services
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2030 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
Global Mobile Hospitals Market: Segmentation
- Mobile Hospitals Market, by Type
- Accident & Emergency Care Facility
- General Surgery Facility
- Diagnostics & Imaging Facility
- Specialized Surgery Facility
- Dental & Ophthalmic Facility
- Mobile Hospitals Market, by Function
- Intensive Care
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Points Covered in Mobile Hospitals Market Study:
- Growth of Mobile Hospitals in 2022
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2030)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Mobile Hospitals and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Mobile Hospitals Consumption Analysis
- Mobile Hospitals Production Analysis
- Mobile Hospitals and Management