Orthodontic Consumables Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Type (Anchorage Appliances, Ligatures, Brackets), By End Use (Hospitals, Dental Clinics)- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2022-2030
The global Orthodontic Consumables market size was estimated at USD 2.85 billion in 2021 and is expected to surpass around USD 4.73 billion by 2030 and poised to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.0% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
- By Product Type, the U.S. Orthodontic Consumables market was valued at USD 470.2 million in 2021 and expected to witness growth at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2022 to 2030.
- The brackets segment dominated the global industry in 2021due to the fact that brackets are the most commonly used orthodontic consumables
- The most profitable sub-segment of the bracket segment is the self-ligating bracket and is likely to grow further in the future
- The dental clinics segment is expected to witness a significant CAGR during the forecast period. A rising number of dental clinics and a high level of procedures performed in the clinics are likely to fuel the segment growth
- North America dominated the global industry in 2021 owing to a rise in the U.S. population, technological advances in dentistry, and the increasing coverage by dental insurance plans
- Asia Pacific is expected to register the fastest CAGR in the forecast period owing to the growing patient population, rising awareness about aesthetic procedures, and rapid technological advancements
The specialty of orthodontics is dentofacial augmentation. The field of orthodontics is associated with adjusting the lower and upper jaws to line up as they close. The requirement for orthodontic consumables is growing due to the increase in dentofacial augmentation procedures. The most common issues that fall under the orthodontics field of dentistry include crooked teeth, teeth that are positioned incorrectly, and a problem where the jaws don’t close together properly. In addition, orthodontics restores dental aesthetics and guards against periodontal disease and tooth decay.
The drivers that are most likely to spur industry growth are highlighted in in-depth research on the orthodontic consumables industry and the rising prevalence of disorders. Growing cases of malocclusion, a dental problem that affects nearly 50% to 75% of people in major industrialized countries, the aging population and their increasing need for dental care, and the rising demand for cosmetic dentistry are all anticipated to play a significant role in this development. In addition, it is projected that improvements in dentistry, the popularity of preventative orthodontics, and growing public awareness about the need for oral health care will all help positively shift the demand curve. It would create a more lucrative market segment in the near future.
Dental problems increase with malocclusion, most importantly, periodontal diseases, which are identified as one of the leading problems faced by many people. People suffering from periodontal diseases are more prone to develop heart diseases and diabetes, among other conditions that are likely to drive the industry. The industry has been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many dental treatments and operations were initially put on hold as a result of the lockdown and international limitations that were implemented in a majority of the countries. The COVID-19 outbreak has severely disrupted the medical industry’s supply chain. There are several worries concerning the accessibility of dental services and guaranteeing the safety of dentists. However, in 2021, many offices and clinics around the world are reopened and the market demand is likely to grow during the forecast period.
Report Scope of the Orthodontic Consumables Market
USD 4.73 Billion by 2030
CAGR of 6.0% from 2022 to 2030
Fastest Growing Market
2022 to 2030
product type, end-user and Region,
DENTSPLY International, Inc.; DB Orthodontics; Align Technology, Inc.; G&H Orthodontics; Rocky Mountain Orthodontics; American Orthodontics; Danaher Corp.
Product Type Insights
On the basis of products, the global industryhas been further classified into anchorage appliances, ligatures, brackets, archwires, and others. In 2021, the brackets segment dominated the global industry and accounted for the highest share of more than 41.00% of the overall revenue. The segment is projected to expand further at a significant growth rate in the forecast period. The self-ligating bracket, which holds the archwire in place without the use of an external ligature or elastic, is the most lucrative sub-segment of the bracket segment.
The most popular type of braces is metal or traditional braces as they are the least expensive and allow for simple movement while teeth are being straightened. Most of these brackets are now thinner and less apparent, due to recent product advancements. A growing number of people are interestedin enhancing their aesthetic appearances as awareness increases. Because they are less noticeable and give the same benefits as metal braces, aesthetic brackets are expected to earn a sizable share during the projection period.
Based on end-uses, the global industryhas been further segmented into hospitals and dental clinics. The dental clinics end-user segment accounted for the largest share of more than 70.00% of the overall revenue in 2021. The increasing number of dental offices worldwide and the widespread usage of cosmetic dentistry by both small- and large-scale dental offices are the primary drivers propelling the growth of this segment. It is also anticipated that the growing number of dental clinics, particularly in developed nations, will accelerate the expansion of the market. Depending on the area, public healthcare provides dentists in industrialized nations with adequate compensation for their services and treatments.
In addition, there may be room for the dental clinics to expand given the growing popularity of the dental franchise model. The advantages of a dental franchise model include enhanced negotiation leverage and cost savings through economies of scale. For example, the Indian dental practice chain, Clove Dental, committed INR 171 crore ($25 million) in September 2018 to expand its franchise network to 600 clinics over the following five years. This franchise model lowers the total cost of treatment and services, which will increase the number of patients using dental services and propel the segment growth.
The dental market in North America, which has the largest share and is seeing rapid expansion, is followed by that in Europe. Due to the U.S. population expansion, dental technology advancements, and expanding insurance plan coverage, the U.S. is catapulting market growth. Another contributing aspect is the use of direct sales by American and Canadian businesses. The Invisalign System is one such example. It is predominantly distributed through direct sales in the core countries as well as in Europe & some Asia Pacific nations, including Australia, New Zealand, China, and Japan.
The same businesses employ the distributor model to market their goods abroad. Asia Pacific is estimated to expand further at the fastest CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. Due to the region’s large population density, the severity of dental disorders, and the progressive introduction of dentistry, Asia Pacific is predicted to experience substantial growth. By 2050, almost 26% of China’s population will be aged over 65 years, while 34% of Singapore’s population is predicted to be elderly, according to the 2018 World Population Data Sheet. By 2050, Japan’s 36% elderly population share is predicted to overtake South Korea and Taiwan’s 35% population.
Some of the prominent players in the Orthodontic Consumables Market include:
- DENTSPLY International, Inc.
- DB Orthodontics
- Align Technology, Inc.
- G&H Orthodontics
- Rocky Mountain Orthodontics
- American Orthodontics
- Danaher Corp.
Segments Covered in the Report
This report forecasts revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2030. For this study, Nova one advisor, Inc. has segmented the global Orthodontic Consumables market
- Product Type
- Anchorage Appliances
- Buccal Tubes & Bands
- Elastomeric Ligatures
- Wire Ligatures
- Aesthetic Brackets
- Metal Brackets
- Beta Titanium Archwires
- Nickel Archwires
- Stainless Steel Archwires
- End-use type
- Dental Clinics
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global Orthodontic Consumables industry analysis from 2022 to 2030 to identify the prevailing Orthodontic Consumables industry opportunity.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the global Orthodontic Consumables industry segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global Orthodontic Consumables industry trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.