Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Vector Type (AAV, Lentivirus), By Workflow, By Application, By End Use, By Disease- Global Industry Analysis, Share, Growth, Regional Outlook and Forecasts, 2021-2027
The global Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market gathered revenue around USD 2.9 Billion in 2020 and market is set to grow USD 9.0 Billion by the end of 2027 and is estimated to expand at a modest CAGR of 19.1% during the prediction period 2021 to 2027.
Along with the ongoing shift in the treatment paradigm of several life-threatening diseases through advanced therapies, there is rising demand for viral vector-based vaccines for infectious diseases. This has resulted in increasing employment of viral vectors and plasmid DNA for the R&D of advanced therapies, thereby driving the market for viral vectors and plasmid DNA manufacturing.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the demand for viral vectors has rapidly increased especially in vaccinology. This led to expanding manufacturing capabilities by operating players to meet the growing demand. The application of these vectors in vaccine development has witnessed significant growth in 2020.
Also, an increase in the number of gene therapy-based discovery programs initiated by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies is expected to drive the demand for scalable production of gene therapy vectors. Owing to this, several private and public agencies are providing funds to accelerate advancements in the manufacturing processes for viral vectors.
Besides, the implementation of single-use technology can lead to significant savings in capital, operating costs, materials, and labor. The use of this equipment will enhance efficiency and improve flexibility, leading to high yields of the final product. Thus, advancements in single-use technology directly impact revenue growth in this space.
This research report purposes at stressing the most lucrative growth prospects. The aim of the research report is to provide an inclusive valuation of the Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market and it encompasses thoughtful visions, actualities, industry-validated market findings, historic data, and prognoses by means of appropriate set of assumptions and practice. Global Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market report aids in comprehending market structure and dynamics by recognizing and scrutinizing the market sectors and predicted the global market outlook.
|Market Size||USD 9.0 Billion by 2027|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 19.1% From 2021 to 2027|
|Forecast Period||2021 to 2027|
|Historic Data||2017 to 2020|
|Report coverage||Growth Factors, Revenue Status, Competitive Landscape, and Future Trends|
|Segments Covered||Vector type, workflow, application, end use, disease and Region
|Regional Scope||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa (MEA)|
|Companies Mentioned||Merck KGaA; Lonza; FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.; Cobra Biologics Ltd.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Waisman Biomanufacturing; Genezen; YPOSKESI; Advanced BioScience Laboratories, Inc. (ABL, Inc.); Novasep Holding S.A.S; Orgenesis Biotech Israel Ltd (formerly ATVIO Biotech ltd.); Vigene Biosciences, Inc.; General Electric Company (GE Healthcare); CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH|
COVID-19 Impact Assessment on Market Landscape
The report comprises the scrutiny of COVID-19 lock-down impact on the income of market leaders, disrupters and followers. Since lock down was instigated differently in diverse regions and nations, influence of same is also dissimilar across various industry verticals. The research report offers present short-term and long-term influence on the market to assist market participants across value chain makers to formulate the framework for short term and long-lasting tactics for recovery and by region.
Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market Report empowers readers with all-inclusive market intelligence and offers a granular outline of the market they are operational in. Further this research study delivers exceptional combination of tangible perceptions and qualitative scrutiny to aid companies accomplishes sustainable growth. This report employs industry-leading research practices and tools to assemble all-inclusive market studies, intermingled with pertinent data. Additionally, this report also emphases on the competitive examination of crucial players by analyzing their product portfolio, pricing, gross margins, financial position, growth approaches, and regional occurrence.
North America dominated the viral vectors and plasmid DNA manufacturing market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 49.2% in 2020. The presence of a substantial number of centers and institutes that are engaged in the R&D of advanced therapies is one of the key contributing factors for the dominance of the region. With the increasing regulatory approvals for advanced therapies, the U.S. significantly contributed to the regional revenue generation.
In addition, U.S.-based companies are investing a significant amount to expand their manufacturing capabilities. For instance, in January 2021, Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired the viral vector manufacturing business of Groupe Novasep SAS (Novasep). This acquisition aimed at the expansion of the company’s CDMO service offerings. On the other hand, Asia Pacific is projected to witness the fastest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
Over the past several years, the Asian cell and gene therapy market has gained momentum in terms of product approvals and pipeline programs. This can be attributed to the establishment of accelerated approval pathways, growing private and government investments, and increasing healthcare needs. Besides, the unmet needs in the personalized medicine arena are driving the research for regenerative medicine, leading to increasing demand for viral vector supply.
Foremost players in the market are attentive on adopting corporation strategies to enhance their market share. Some of the prominent tactics undertaken by leading market participants in order to sustain the fierce market completion include collaborations, acquisitions, substantial spending in R&D and the improvement of new-fangled products or reforms among others.
Major manufacturers & their revenues, percentage splits, market shares, growth rates and breakdowns of the product markets are determined through secondary sources and verified through the primary sources.
- Company Overview
- Company Market Share/Positioning Analysis
- Product Offerings
- Financial Performance
- Recent Initiatives
- Key Strategies Adopted by Players
- Vendor Landscape
- List of Suppliers
- List of Buyers
Some of the prominent players in the Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market include: Merck KGaA; Lonza; FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies U.S.A., Inc.; Cobra Biologics Ltd.; Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.; Waisman Biomanufacturing; Genezen; YPOSKESI; Advanced BioScience Laboratories, Inc. (ABL, Inc.); Novasep Holding S.A.S; Orgenesis Biotech Israel Ltd (formerly ATVIO Biotech ltd.); Vigene Biosciences, Inc.; General Electric Company (GE Healthcare); CEVEC Pharmaceuticals GmbH; Batavia Biosciences B.V.; Biovion Oy; Wuxi AppTec Co., Ltd.; VGXI, Inc.; Catalent Inc.; Miltenyi Biotec GmbH; SIRION Biotech GmbH; Virovek Incorporation; BioNTech IMFS GmbH; VIVEbiotech S.L
Segments Covered in the Report
This research report offers market revenue, sales volume, production assessment and prognoses by classifying it on the basis of various aspects. Further, this research study investigates market size, production, consumption and its development trends at global, regional, and country level for the period of 2017 to 2027 and covers subsequent region in its scope:
- By Vector Type
- Adeno associated virus (AAV)
- Plasmid DNA
- By Workflow
- Upstream Processing
- Vector Amplification & Expansion
- Vector Recovery/Harvesting
- Downstream Processing
- Fill Finish
- By Application
- Antisense & RNAi
- Gene Therapy
- Cell Therapy
- Research Applications
- By End-Use
- Pharmaceutical and Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Research Institutes
- By Disease Outlook
- Genetic Disorders
- Infectious Diseases
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the Report:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments of the leading players in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various segments across geographies
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
In the study, a unique research methodology is utilized to conduct extensive research on the growth of the Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market, and reach conclusions on the future growth parameters of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts ensure the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing market study are as follows - statistics from government organizations, trade journals, white papers, and internal and external proprietary databases. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, marketing/product managers, and market intelligence managers, all of whom have contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Comprehensive information acquired from primary and secondary resources acts as a validation from companies in the market, and makes the projections on the growth prospects of the Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing markets more accurate and reliable.
It involves company databases such as Hoover's: This assists us recognize financial information, structure of the market participants and industry competitive landscape.
The secondary research sources referred in the process are as follows:
- Governmental bodies, and organizations creating economic policies
- National and international social welfare institutions
- Company websites, financial reports and SEC filings, broker and investor reports
- Related patent and regulatory databases
- Statistical databases and market reports
- Corporate Presentations, news, press release, and specification sheet of Manufacturers
Primary research includes face-to face interviews, online surveys, and telephonic interviews.
- Means of primary research: Email interactions, telephonic discussions and Questionnaire based research etc.
- In order to validate our research findings and analysis we conduct primary interviews of key industry participants. Insights from primary respondents help in validating the secondary research findings. It also develops Research Team’s expertise and market understanding.
Industry participants involved in this research study include:
- CEOs, VPs, market intelligence managers
- Procuring and national sales managers technical personnel, distributors and resellers
- Research analysts and key opinion leaders from various domains
Key Points Covered in Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Market Study:
- Growth of Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing in 2021
- Market Estimates and Forecasts (2017-2027)
- Brand Share and Market Share Analysis
- Key Drivers and Restraints Shaping Market Growth
- Segment-wise, Country-wise, and Region-wise Analysis
- Competition Mapping and Benchmarking
- Recommendation on Key Winning Strategies
- COVID-19 Impact on Demand for Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing and How to Navigate
- Key Product Innovations and Regulatory Climate
- Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Consumption Analysis
- Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing Production Analysis
- Viral Vectors And Plasmid DNA Manufacturing and Management